Top 5 Reasons to Serve Your Community
#5: It's good for you.
- Volunteering provides physical and mental rewards. It:
- Reduces stress: Experts report that when you focus on someone other than yourself, it interrupts usual tension-producing patterns.
#4: It brings people together.
- As a volunteer you assist in:
- Uniting people from diverse backgrounds to work toward a common goal
- Building camaraderie and teamwork
#3: It promotes personal growth and self esteem.
- Understanding community needs helps foster empathy and self-efficacy.
#2: Volunteering strengthens your community.
- As a volunteer you help:
- Support families (daycare and eldercare)
- Improve schools (tutoring, literacy)
- Minister to others (sharing the gospel, praying for others)
- Beautify the community (beach and park cleanups)
#1: You begin to understand God's specific purpose for you!
- Each one of us is uniquely made in His image. each with different talents and abilities. Serving opens you to see how God can take the small gifts He's given you and multiply it to bless others!
Students in K-8th grade with documented service hours will be recognized at the final awards ceremony. Only hours documented on our form will be counted.
So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.~Galatians 6:10